Thursday, March 16, 2006

Max's Birthday (longer)

So it was Max's 4th birthday this last weekend.

We had a big piñata for him at Fun House. A Piñata in Guatemala is what we call the birthday party itself. Fun House is one of many children's party venues in the city. It's a pretty good idea actually.
They have indoor (and some outdoor) play areas where the kids can run around. They have a menu of things that you an choose from like bounce houses, clowns, magicians, piñatas, lunches, etc. etc. and your own personal party MC that moves things along and takes care of problems.



Imagine if Chuck E. Cheese just focused on only doing kid's parties and the whole restaurant was booked just for your party. Probably the easiest big party we will ever have...



It looks like some generic banquet hall or something from the picture above, but it was pretty cool. I have to say that I actually had a good time, something I can't honestly say that about any other kid's party I've been to.





Before I forget...just a quick story about Max that I've been meaning to tell. I drive him to school every morning. Although it is a short drive, there is often a lot of traffic. We sit and traffic and listen to my iPod, trying out different music. I'll put something new on and ask him if he likes it. If he does, I'll find some more music similar to it.


One day we were listening to something, I can't remember what, and I asked him after a minute or so if he liked it. He said, in all seriousness, "it's ok...but, Dad, can we listen to Zeppelin."

I shed a proud fatherly tear.



His current favorites: White Stripes, Led Zeppelin, Mule, Eisley, Black Eyed Peas, and, of course, the rock classic WeeSing: Nursery Rhymes and Lullabies. We're (and by "We" I mean just me really) working hard to push against the toddler's tendency to listen to the same damn CD over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

A general update on our prospects here in Guate. We are here until at least November of this year...for certain. After that we are not 100% sure, but it seems more and more likely that we will be able to stay here until the Summer of 2008. More as it develops.


2 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We always knew that Carl wanted the Cranberries album when he would start asking for the "family" song. That was his top favorite album for quite a while. elesa

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger .:DataWhat?:. said...

Snif

Little Max is growing up exactly like I'd hoped. The secret subliminal messages are working!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home