Sunday, October 16, 2005

Perrito


Perrito
Originally uploaded by gerardlopez2001.
We were in Antigua this weekend for Max's Clausura.

For the uninitiated, Antigua is an old colonial city about 45 minutes away from Guatemala city. It's a small charming town with old houses, tons of ruins, cobblestone streets and is surrounded by hills and dominated on one side by the striking inactive Volcano Agua. A Clausura is an end of year show for Guatemalan schools.

Max was, as you can see, a dog. He and his classmates sang and danced in front of around 200 family and friends of the school. Afterward the song/dance, Max went up to the mic and recited a fairly long poem entirely in Spanish. Neither Kim, Kim's Mom (who is in town for the week), nor I could stop crying. he was so adorable and he had learned this long poem without Kim or I realizing it. I think it was the first time that I can remember where I felt the overwhelming urge to grab the nearest stranger and say through my tears of pride, "That's my son!"

Of course, I have no idea what the poem was about...

Some more pictures of Zoe coming soon...I think she is starting to look almost exactly like max did when he was a baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home